REBUILD PARADISE FOUNDATION IS TAKING NECESSARY PRECAUTIONS TO PROTECT THE PUBLIC AND OUR STAFF FROM THE SPREAD OF COVID-19, THEREFORE, OUR OFFICE IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED TO WALK-INS FROM THE PUBLIC. OUR STAFF IS STILL WORKING HARD AND WE ARE DEDICATED HELPING YOU ACCESS AND APPLY FOR THE MISSING MIDDLE GRANT. PLEASE EMAIL INFO@REBUILDPARADISE.ORG FOR ASSISTANCE VIA EMAIL OR TO ARRANGE A PHONE CALL.
The Rebuild Paradise Foundation recognizes the Butte County community as hard-working and prideful. We have a resilient and determined middle and lower-middle class population. Even so, the devastating Camp Fire shook us and the return home seems, at times, like a daunting, impossible and expensive task. The increased costs of building and pre-construction costs sometimes not covered by insurance, add to the financial hurdle. As a way to give back to those in our community that often don’t seek nor qualify for help, we have partnered with donors to create the Missing Middle Grants – lessening the costly burden of beginning to build a home.
Rebuild Paradise Foundation is excited to offer the Missing Middle Grant, offering up to $5,000 to help qualified middle class and lower middle class residents tackle some of the financial barriers to building their home in the Camp Fire footprint. Upon eligibility, grant funding is awarded as reimbursement for the following pre-construction costs: up to $2,000(max) for survey costs, up to $2,000(max) for architecture/engineering fees and up to $1,000(max) for water related expenses.
Please click on the Missing Middle Grant Application below for more details about eligibility and to download the application.
If you are interested in other grant opportunities or fee reduction programs, please visit https://makeitparadise.org/grants
1. I’m rebuilding on a different lot, am I eligible?
Yes, you are eligible as long as the building address falls within the Camp Fire footprint and you have met the other grant criteria.
2. I didn’t live in the Camp Fire footprint before the fire but have purchased a lot and am building a home, am I eligible for the grant?
Yes, grants are available to anyone building a primary residence in the Camp Fire footprint as long as you meet the listed eligibility criteria.
3. Can I apply if I’m rebuilding with a manufactured home?
Yes, the grant applies to any type of residential building regardless of home construction type.
4. Can I use this grant for a rental property?
No, the grant is only available for primary residences.
5. What are the income requirements?
The max income requirements are based on household size and your adjusted gross annual income. Please see the application for specific criteria.
6. After I apply, how long will the granting process take?
Please allow for a processing time of 30-45 days once you have submitted your complete application.
7. What happens after I submit by application?
Your application and supporting documentation will be reviewed by Rebuild Paradise Foundation staff for verification of eligibility. If criteria is met, your application will then be approved by volunteer grants committee members. Applicants will be contacted by Rebuild Paradise staff for grant issuance or disqualification notice if criteria is not met.
8. I received my building permit before February 18th 2020, am I still eligible?
According to the criteria for the grant, we can only accept receipts for residential building permits dated on or after February 18th, 2020. This can be either a receipt from application submittal of your permit or final receipt of permit.
9. Do my receipts from survey, architecture/engineering fees, and water-related expenses need to be dated on or after February 18th 2020 as well?
No, there is no criteria on the date the those expenses were insured, but your building permit must be applied for or received on or after February 18, 2020 in order to qualify for the grant.
10. Are building permit fees paid to the Town of Paradise or Butte County considered “architecture/engineering fees?”
No, the architecture/engineering fees that will qualify for grant approval must be from a design professional or be shown as a specific line item in your contractor’s bid. In order for the grant to be approved, you must submit a paid receipt from your architect/engineer/designer or contractor with your application.
11. I’m ready to submit my grant application and required documents, how do I get them to Rebuild Paradise Foundation for approval?
There are a few ways you can turn in your application: (1) Scan the application and required documents, then email to firstname.lastname@example.org, (2) Mail the application and copies of the required documents to our office: Rebuild Paradise Foundation 6067 Skyway Suite B Paradise, CA 95969, or (3) Email email@example.com for an appointment time to drop off your application in person.
12. I received notification that my grant application was approved, can the check be mailed or can someone else pick up the check for me?
The check must be signed for and picked up for by the grant applicant or co-applicant. Please bring your current driver’s license for ID verification.
13. I don’t have a printer, how else can I apply?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will set up a time for you to pick up a printed application from our office. The Rebuild Advocates at the Building Resource Center (BRC) on Skyway in Paradise can help you print an application. You can also look for Rebuild Paradise Foundation at community events, we will have applications on hand.
14. I haven’t submitted for my building permit yet – can I still apply for the pre-construction costs that I’ve incurred?
No, grant approval is tied to a building permit. Please hold on to your receipts and other required documentation and apply once you have your plans in!