- About Us
- Impact Areas
- Support Us
FOR IN-PERSON HELP WITH YOUR GRANT APPLICATION, WE ASK THAT YOU MAKE AN APPOINTMENT. PLEASE EMAIL INFO@REBUILDPARADISE.ORG FOR ASSISTANCE.
The Rebuild Paradise Foundation recognizes the Butte County community as hard-working and prideful. We have a resilient and determined middle and lower-middle class population. Even so, the devastating Camp Fire shook us and the return home seems like a daunting, impossible, and expensive task. The increased costs of building and pre-construction add to the financial hurdle of getting into a home. As a way to give back to our community, we have partnered with donors to create the Missing Middle Grant – lessening the costly burden of beginning to build a home. The intent of this grant is to provide relief for some of the costs of getting your property prepared for the home you will occupy.
Rebuild Paradise Foundation is excited to offer the Missing Middle Grant, awarding up to $5,000 to qualified middle and lower income residents tackle some of the financial barriers to building their home in the Camp Fire footprint. Upon eligibility, grant funding is awarded as reimbursement for the following pre-construction costs including: survey costs, architecture/engineering fees, and water related expenses.
Here is the link to submit your application digitally or your can download a paper application below.
If you are interested in other grant opportunities or fee reduction programs, please visit https://makeitparadise.org/grants
1. I’m rebuilding on a different lot, am I eligible?
Yes, you are eligible as long as the building address falls within the Camp Fire footprint and you have met the other grant criteria.
2. I didn’t live in the Camp Fire footprint before the fire but have purchased a lot and am building a home, am I eligible for the grant?
Yes, grants are available to anyone building a primary residence in the Camp Fire footprint as long as you meet the listed eligibility criteria.
3. Can I apply if I’m rebuilding with a manufactured home?
Yes, the grant applies to any type of residential building regardless of home construction type.
4. Can I use this grant for a rental property?
No, the grant is only available for primary residences.
5. What are the income requirements?
The max income requirements are based on household size and your adjusted gross annual income. Please see the application for specific criteria. PG&E settlements are NOT considered income for qualification of this grant.
6. After I apply, how long will the granting process take?
Please allow for a processing time of 30-45 days once you have submitted your complete application.
7. What happens after I submit by application?
Your application and supporting documentation will be reviewed by Rebuild Paradise Foundation staff for verification of eligibility. If criteria is met, your application will then be approved by volunteer grants committee members. Applicants will be contacted by Rebuild Paradise staff for grant issuance or disqualification notice if criteria is not met.
8. I received my building permit before February 18th 2020, am I still eligible?
According to the criteria for the grant, we can only accept receipts for residential building permits dated on or after February 18th, 2020. This can be either a receipt from application submittal of your permit or final receipt of permit.
9. Do my receipts from survey, architecture/engineering fees, and water-related expenses need to be dated on or after February 18th 2020 as well?
No, there is no criteria on the date the those expenses were insured, but your building permit must be applied for or received on or after February 18, 2020 in order to qualify for the grant.
10. Are building permit fees paid to the Town of Paradise or Butte County considered “architecture/engineering fees?”
No, the architecture/engineering fees that will qualify for grant approval must be from a design professional or be shown as a specific line item in your contractor’s bid. In order for the grant to be approved, you must submit a paid receipt from your architect/engineer/designer or contractor with your application.
11. I’m ready to submit my grant application and required documents, how do I get them to Rebuild Paradise Foundation for approval?
There are a few ways you can turn in your application: (1) Scan the application and required documents, then email to email@example.com, (2) Mail the application and copies of the required documents to our office: Rebuild Paradise Foundation 6067 Skyway Suite B Paradise, CA 95969, or (3) Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment time to drop off your application in person.
12. I received notification that my grant application was approved, now what?
Rebuild Paradise staff will confirm a mailing address with you and a check will be mailed to that address within 1-2 weeks of grant approval.
13. I don’t have a printer, how else can I apply?
Please pick up an application from outside our office at 6067 Skyway Suite B in Paradise. If you need “in person” help with the application, please email email@example.com and we will arrange an appointment for you. If you prefer to complete your grant application digitally, you can find a link above. The Rebuild Advocates at the Building Resource Center (BRC) on Skyway in Paradise can help you print an application. You can also look for Rebuild Paradise Foundation at community events, we will have applications on hand.
14. I haven’t submitted for my building permit yet – can I still apply for the pre-construction costs that I’ve incurred?
No, grant approval is tied to a building permit. Please hold on to your receipts and other required documentation and apply once you have your plans in!